St Andrews, Crail and the East Neuk is a wonderful place to holiday and our independent businesses are part of the fabric that make this area so unique. We don’t have many chain activities, bars, restaurants or retail shops and our independent businesses rely on local and tourist trade throughout the year.
If you are coming to visit, please support our local businesses, they will be thrilled to see you and the good news is most are now opening up post-lockdown (some with some new rules in place).
Do download the Tourism St Andrews App on your smart phone, as they are working hard to get the most up to date information, this will be invaluable when you come to stay! They are updating regularly. You can also book food deliveries directly through the app and some businesses feature special offers.
To get the ball rolling, here is a, by no means comprehensive, list from us, we shall also update as we find out more. We have linked to their websites, if you click on the names you’ll be taken to their websites or Facebook pages where you’ll find more recent info. Have a great time on your well-deserved holiday!
- CombiniCafe, 68 Market St St. Andrews (opposite Sainsburys) are a specialty coffee shop featuring organic specialty teas from Japan, they also have 100% plant based milk on offer. They are open 11am – 3pm Monday – Friday.
- Zest Cafe, South St, St Andrews, open now from 10am-4pm
- Combinico next door for delicious Korean to take away is open 12.30pm – 4.30pm Monday-Friday
- Rocca Deli on Bell street are now open.
- Fisher & Donaldsons, on Church Street, our reknowed bakery, are now open for your fudge doughnut fix
- Janettas, on South Street, is now open for ice cream
- Tailend and Cromars, both on Market Street are open for freshly made Fish & Chips.
- Tanon on Market Street for Thai food is open from 4.30pm onwards.
- The Cheesy Toast Shack is open on the East Sands, St Andrews and at their Kingsbarns location too
- Blown Away on the West Sands, surf and sand sports, is now open
- Bowbridge Alpacas Scotland opening on the 15th July for prebooked 1hr and 2hr alpaca
Experiences including alpaca trekking best for your customers to phone 07484778040 to book their visit.
- The Rhynd is open Friday to Saturday 9am to 5pm serving homemade food, right beside Tentsmuir
- The Scottish Clay Shooting Centre is open in Leuchars
- The North Point Cafe on North Street in St. Andrews is opening on the 15th July
- Next Door is open for takeaway. The shop is next door to The Adamson
- The Adamson is doing takeaway meals and cocktail kits
- The Janhangir is now open 7 days for collection or home delivery takeaway as well
- Ziggys Steak restaurant is open weekends for take away
- Balgove Larder is open daily. The cafe is open for coffee/tea/cakes and scones and also hot filled rolls and the steak barn is open 12noon until 8pm Wednesday until Sunday
- The Secret Bunker, Crail is open from 15th July
- The Rusell Hotel is open for food and drinks in their outside area
- The Jigger Inn beer garden is now open 7 days a week 12pm-9pm