Coronavirus, Golf in St Andrews
Much to our delight, the golf courses in St Andrews and the surrounding areas were given the green light to reopen as of 29th May, so long as the specific guidelines are adhered to. The local clubs have done a marvellous job of meeting the necessary requirements and are now welcoming the return of players.
As we now see Scotland entering phase 2 of lockdown, as of 3rd July there will be no restriction on how far individuals/households can travel. 3rd July also sees the reopening of self-catering accommodation in Scotland, allowing our guests to enjoy all golfing activities
The new guidelines in place for golfers include:
- Groups of up to 3 golfers with up to 3 households can play so long as social distancing is adhered to
- Four-ball groups are allowed with up to 3 households at the club’s discretion
- Putting greens are open but with restricted access
- Flagsticks must not be touched
- Do not join other golfers on course or meet up prior to your tee time
- 12 minute intervals between tee times
- All rakes and ball retrievers will be removed
As it stands, the Links courses that are open in St Andrews are the Old Course, New Course, Eden and Balgove, all of which are operating between 7am and 9pm. The Old Course ballot remains in place Monday – Saturday and telephone bookings can be made for the other courses on 01334 466666. The Strathtyrum, Jubilee and Castle courses will follow suit in the coming weeks. The Kittocks and Torrance Courses re-open on the 17th July 2020.
The Dukes and Drumoig courses are both now open with the same restrictions in place. Drumoig is open from 9:30am to 7pm and is available to book online https://visitors.brsgolf.com/drumoig#/course/1 or by phone on 01382 541898. For the Dukes, bookings can also be made online https://bookings.oldcoursehotel.co.uk/#/golfBooking/location/300/001/2020-07-01 or by phone on 01334 470214.